Pages

Thursday, September 11, 2008

May We Not Forget...

I've done some reflecting and remembering today about what happened on September 11, 2001. I remember so clearly being at school my senior year and the teachers getting the message that the planes had crashed into the Twin Towers. I remember going to our homeroom and watching live footage as the second tower collapsed. I truly couldn't grasp what was happening...it was totally shocking. Here's a video I found that's really good...take a minute to check it out too...



Our school went on lock down that day just as a precaution. One of my classmates was hysterical thinking that her boyfriend who had just joined the Army would be deployed. Being Americans, we knew that this meant war...it meant going on the offensive...it meant fighting for our freedom. We knew our brave soldiers would step up to the plate. Indeed they have. Whether you agree with the war or not...we all need to support the brave men and women who are on guard day and night.

I am personally blessed to come from a strong military family with both of my grandfathers serving in the military (Air Force and Army). Both of my mom's brothers have served in the military (Air Force and Navy) with one still serving. I have several cousins who are currently serving as well. Amazing...brave...deserving of respect and support...yes, they are. I thought I'd give you guys a couple quick pictures of some of my family currently in our military.



My cousin-in-law Sean pictured here on his wedding day this past June. He's training to be a medic and will probably be sent overseas at some point. He and he sweet bride Becky have moved to South Carolina, and we think and pray for them often.



My cousin John pictured here with his daughter Emilee. He's currently serving in Afghanistan.



My Uncle Tim is a Commander in the Navy currently working at Stennis Space Center in Mississippi.

May we all think and pray for our military personnel daily. They are truly amazing people.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Wow.

That was enough to stop my heart.

Looking at those pictures again...it seems so recent even 7 years out.

Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Ok...this one made me tear up. I love you!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah that last comment was from me...Mom