Pages

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Marriage: Learning to Enjoy the Differences

My fabulous friend Mandy is doing a series on celebrating the differences that we have in our marriages. She's asked us to all join in, so I am sharing a story or two myself! Check out her site and join in too!

Well, one of the big differences that comes to mind is what we like to do for fun. Ben's definitely an outdoorsy guy...and me...not so much. I like to do a lot of things that are inside. He loves to ride his bikes, hunt, fish, ski, chop down trees, fix chainsaws, work on cars, and do lots of other projects. My favorite hobby is shopping! I love to scrapbook, organize, blog, play games, and do girly things! :-) I don't love to do house cleaning, but I enjoy a clean house so I do it!

It is amazing how we are bridging the gaps and learning to enjoy each others favorites. I've become a bit more outdoorsy by learning to enjoy fishing, kayaking, and working on stuff for the house. He's learned to appreciate what I do inside with the house, and he even obliges my by playing games with me!

On a funny note, Mandy mentioned the differences she and Justin have with towels...well I have a towel story too! Ben always reuses the towels he uses after a shower, and he used to pick on me for dirtying so many towels when he used to do the laundry. We also ended up buying quite a few more towels when we first got married because of this. So recently I compromised and agreed to use the towel I use to dry my hair for a second day. It does make a difference with the laundry, and now Ben can't pick on me as much! :-)

4 comments:

Joy said...

Whoa, lots of people with towel probs! LOL! I agree with your hubby. We all reuse our towels over here. Unless you pile them and they get musky, they're perfectly clean!

Mandy said...

I'm on this one with you Hill! Growing up we always had to reuse, but in Justin's family that was a crime. I have to admit I like the fresh towel every time. I don't mind the was either! I guess that's a difference I've crossed the bridge to J's side on! Thanks for joining me! See you again another time. :-)

Mandy said...

I have awarded you a blog award! Just stop by to pick it up!

Debbie said...

Hi Hillari! Thanks for stopping by. I used to use a towel a day until I had to do all that laundry...and with kids...oh you might adjust that one-a-day towel thing again when you have kids. That's alot of laundry my friend!