Pages

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Stepping Forward

With all the hype about the changing of the year, I've heard lots of people saying how glad they are to get through this year and even this decade. They say it's been horrible, that people are miserable, and that this just needs to be over. While I completely understand some of this, and I'm not trying to diminish anyone's pain and misery, I am choosing to focus on the good of this decade. I think our world gets super doom and gloom far too often. Again, I don't take troubles and hardships lightly...Ben and I have very unsteady job futures right now, as well as a dear friend who is facing surgery for stage 3 or 4 brain cancer, and many other stressers.

OK...now to count my blessings...

This decade Ben and I graduated from high school and college then were both blessed with great jobs. It wasn't always easy to have a long-distance relationship for years, but I'm thankful for the growth that gave us.

Ben and I began dating and were married during this decade...one of the best gifts I've been given! We've established our own household and even built an actual house! We've accomplished quite a bit in our 3 1/2 years! We added our two furbabies (Sadie and Jake) to our family as well. In case you can't tell, I rather love my pups and enjoy their company!

We have been blessed with lots of family that love us as well as many dear friends. Many of our friendships have started or been deepened during this decade. I have been blessed to shed tears of joy at the births of babies and tears of grief while mourning a loss alongside friends. I have gained a brother and two sisters by marriage as well as their spouses and my beautiful nieces and nephews!

I have grown closer to my Savior in ways I never thought possible. I am so blessed to have a God who loves me as I am, forgives my sins, and woos me closer to Him by His grace.

I can't imagine what is in store for the next decade, but I'm excited to hold on for the ride!

May you all be blessed in the upcoming year!
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Well said, my friend! I agree!

Stasi said...

Wonderful!! Love you lots!!