Pages

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Yes, it's me!

No, your eyes are not deceiving you...it is really me again!! I thought I would finally share some more house pics...if anyone still reads this!! :-)



A current view of the house and garage



Pay no attention to the ugly burn pile...just check out the progress on the house!



This is the view from the kitchen looking into the living room



I'm pretty sure this is upstairs, but I can't be sure since I haven't been up there in months. This is due to the precarious ladder that must be ascended in order to get up there...and, oh yeah, that ladder is right above the stairs to the basement (so it's a 2 story drop if you fall!!!)...yikes!! If this is indeed the upstairs, the bathroom is on the left of this picture and the bedrooms are on the other side and where the picture is taken from.



Last weekend we worked on the house Friday and Saturday and had some great help! Above is my brother-in-law Matt who came down for the day on Friday. His height and long arms came in handy...especially when we were installing the Pex tubing in the floor joists! (A little explanation on the Pex system...hot water that's heated by our outdoor wood stove is piped through the tubing which will heat our house. It's also laid in the concrete floor in the basement.)



Ben & Mom Webster were working on the other end of the tubing with Ben's handy contraption to wind the tubing out!



Saturday I had a horrible sinus headache so I stayed home, but our moms and friends Jess and Jon came to help. Brennan was there to assist as well!



Here is a view of the mostly finished tubing. The final step is to have metal plates put over the tubing to help disperse the heat better.



Here's a view of both the tubing loosely hung and Ben's new workbench/storage area! Ben made it on his own late Saturday and is very proud of his new organization! (as well he should be!)



This is the back bedroom (which will be used as an office once the upstairs is done)



Finally, a view of our downstairs bathroom...nothing is working yet but it's getting closer!

I hope you enjoyed the "tour" of the recent updates!

4 comments:

Busy Mama said...

How fun - I have always thought building would be fun! And a gorgeous location as well!!

BTW - you've been surfed - go to my blog to claim your prize!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I do read your blog...and was thrilled to see new pics! Nice job, Ben, on the work bench! So neat so organized...I think your wife is rubbing off on you! I love you guys and am so proud of all you have accomplished.

Anonymous said...

Oooops I did it again...It's Marm who posted the last comment :-) This new fangled technology get me! :-)
Marm

Stasi said...

Yippeee! Great to see you again! Missed your posts...House looks awesome! love ya both